Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Full Faced.




I don't normally wear makeup everyday, but when I do, I always put on my 'brown smokey eye' look. So i guess you can call this my sort'ta daily makeup routine?! These are some of the makeup products I normally gravitate towards. 

First things first imma realist... haha ( i need a life), I usually start my base makeup first. Base makeup is basically your bb creams, foundations, primers, concealers, blush and bronzers. I rather use mineral based makeup compared to a straight up foundation mainly cause i don't want the product to irritate my skin. Here i am using Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer (custard) for my dark eye circles then setting it with the Maybeline clear smooth extra (honey). I wouldn't recommend the Maybeline powder cause it does accentuate the dry patches on my skin. What would you guys recommend for my dry skin?

I then gently fill in my brows with Tarte's Amazonian clay waterproof brow pencil and set all the unruly hairs in place with the Marc Jacobs brow gel. I draw light strokes to mimic brow hairs to achieve a more natural look. Recently, in my years of discovering makeup I come to realise that most of my Malaysians friends draw their eyebrows relatively straight, I guess korean brows (straight brows) are in trend. 


I like to believe that I'm good at drawing brows but it takes me 10 mins to get them done properly. YES you heard me right 10 f*cking min! Other than that, the other features are a breeze to complete. My brows are a hybrid of 'rounded' and 'arched' if you were wondering of course. 

Moving on to the exciting part, the eyes! I prime my eyes with the Lancome Aquatique waterproof eye base (sinnne) with my fingers. Then using the Naked basics 2 palette I mix frisk and cover as my all over eyelid shade. Using a fluffy blending brush I got from Topshop, I take a warm brown shadow, in this case Buck form my Naked 1 palette to use as my crease colour. Then taking the colour Primal form the naked basics 2 I apply it to my outer 'V' eyelid area and all over my lash line and bottom lash line. I highlight my brow bone and my nose with skimp, a yellowy nude toned shade and also the only non-matte shade in the palette. Finally i finish off the eyes with a slight winged black liner (Dolly wink by Koji) and some Maybelline falsies waterproof mascara for both top and bottom lashes.

To tie the whole look together, I warm up my cheekbones with the Hoola bronzer by benefit and apply some coral toned blush, here I'm using Coralista by benefit. VOULLA ! THE LOOK IS DONE. 

You match this look with any lip colour, whether be it a bright red, brown, pink or even a nude lip.  

Nyx retractable lip liner in sand beige & Revlons seductive sienna

No comments:

Post a Comment