Sunday, April 12, 2015

Cake Me Up Series | Foundation Reviews

In today's post I bring you guys a new series called 'CAKE ME UP'. Don't get deceived by the series title, it's basically just a foundation review. As ironic as the title sounds, not all foundation leaves you 'caked' up. Haha I will try my best to make this as informative and honest as possible. 

Things I'll be explaining: 
1. Product claims : What does the product claims to do. 
2. Packaging ; Packaging of the Product.
3. Texture : The texture consistency of the product and how it feels on the skin.
4. Finish : What finishes does it gives you. ( matte, semi-matte, satin, dewy, glossy) 
5. Coverage : How well does it covers your imperfections. 
6. Length of wear : How long does it wear. 
7. Flash back : Is it suitable of flash Photography. 
8. Benefits : What benefits does it offers and does it beak me out. 

First of all, if you guys know me well, I don't usually wear a lot of base makeup, normally a powder would do. I only ever bought one foundation in my life of using makeup which is my Chanel Perfection Lumiere. I really tried liking that foundation but I just can't seem to get sucked into it. It was way too heavy for my taste, and sometimes if applied wrongly, it will look really 'cakey'. I have combination to dry skin so it didn't really work for me. But on a higher note, it does exactly what it claims, which is to PERFECT your skin. It offers a medium to high coverage and a matte finish. So for you oily skin type ladies out there who wants a fuller coverage this will work wonders for you. But we're not here to talk about Chanel,


Recently the makeup trend in Korea is to have youthful, glowy, dewy, bounncy some may even call it oily skin. Because it supposedly make you appear younger, which it does in my opinion. Matte finishes gives you a more professional, flawless and mature look while dewy gives you a more younger appearance. Despite me being completely sucked by the concept there are cons in having dewy skin. It may make you look oily and shiny , and not suitable for flash photography, If you have pimples it'll accentuate them and may feel sticky on the skin. But other than that I'm all up for more youthful skin !





1 comment:

  1. Please continue blogging/vlogging/make up tutorials!!

    ReplyDelete